Songwriting,

Here, Is a website called SoundCloud where I have uploaded some of the songs I've written. There isn't that many but If you'd like to take a look click the link above. I have been writing songs for about two years now. The songs I wrote before that don't count to me because they where so badly done :). This year I have become more serious about music and songwriting. Last year I entered in a competition called "FineArts" with a song I wrote "Quilt from the Sky" I didn't do that great.  This year I entered the same competition with my song "Relentless" and I got a Superior with and invitation to compete in the national region. I was encouraged by my results! It made me feel that my songs where really starting to improve and become something worth listening to.
   I wrote a song not long ago titled "Wale Wars". The song was based on a sermon series that we are doing at my church. I posted on facebook about it and a few days later my youth pastor asked me to sing it this week at our youth group! So This Wednesday I will be performing one of my own songs for a large group of people for the first time, I am freaking out!!!!  This is a great importunity for me to get out of my comfort zone and take a step towards my dream of being a singer but its still scary. Instead of dreading it I am attempting to look forward to it, even though I am nervous out of my mind. I guess you can think of this as my debut stage. Look out world here comes me, a girl whose following her dreams:)
keep dreaming.....
                            love,
                                    hartley

Comments